Use Interchange Financial for your USD to CAD conversions. You can convert US dollars to Canadian dollars at a better exchange rate than your bank with just a few clicks. There are no fees of any kind for USD exchanges. What you see on this page is exactly what you will receive for your exchange. If you are an existing client, simply log in or call us to book your exchange. If you are a new client, click on Get Started to get access to Canada’s best USD to CAD exchange rates. Or you can call us to find out more. Signing up is easy, quick and secure. After you have signed up, you can convert USD to CAD at any time online or on the phone from anywhere in the world.
Convert USD to CAD online and at Canada’s best exchange rate. No Fees.
Benefits of Our USD to CAD service
Better Exchange Rate
Our clients typically receive an improvement of 1% – 5% over bank exchange rates.
Your funds stay within your own accounts and conversions take place through the Canadian banking system.
There is no need to visit your bank branch. You can do the US dollar exchange online, by phone or at one of locations.
Our clients have access to our FX experts and receive the latest information on FX markets, including our widely read USD to CAD Forecast.
How it works
US exchange made easy
If this is your first time using our US conversion system, you can use the tool on this page to see exactly how much you will receive. If you like our exchange rates, you can sign up for a free account with just a few clicks on Get Started. You can also call or visit us to receive more information about our company or to sign up with one of our representatives. Once you are signed up, you can log in and convert USD to CAD and save over bank exchange rates. This service is ideal for clients who have banking or investment accounts in both CAD and USD and who want to receive better exchange rates. The exchange is all done through the Canadian Payment Network and within your own bank accounts.
Banks and many other financial institutions provide a variety of services to their clients.
We pride ourselves on being specialists in one area only; forex services.
This specialization and our large volumes enable us to deliver both better services and better rates to our clients on any type of foreign exchange transaction.
Account to Account
If you have US dollar bank account in Canada and are looking to convert in your bank account at better rates than offered by your bank, then this service is for you.
We have exchange rates that are much better than the banks and we charge no fees.
If you are transferring money internationally or receiving money from overseas, we can help you save money as well because of our better exchange rates.
Frequently asked questions about ICS Service
Is Interchange Financial legit?
We are Canada’s largest independently owned foreign exchange business. Here are some other factoids about our background:
- Interchange Financial has been in business for over 20 years servicing Canadians coast to coast
- Interchange Financial processes billions of cross currency transactions every year.
- Interchange Financial uses the latest in encryption technology to ensure the safety and security of its clients and has never had a breach.
- Interchange Financial is a supplier of fx services to some of the largest financial services companies in Canada
- Interchange Financial has multiple physical locations you can visit.
- Interchange Financial is regulated and regularly reviewed by the Government of Canada through an entity called FINTRAC.
- The Interchange Financial Consensus Canadian Dollar Forecast and its daily updates on the Canadian dollar are the most visited sites on the topic on the internet.
What is the Interchange Financial exchange rate transparency promise?
We are committed to being completely transparent about our exchange rates. In fact, we are so confident about our rates that you can find our live exchange rates on our website. We don’t play games with gimmicks like providing one rate on our site and then giving you another rate when you look to book an exchange. Our rate is not the “interbank rate” or the “market rate” or the “reference rate” or an “indicative rate”. It is exactly the rate at which you can book your exchange rate at any given time.
What is the best way to convert USD to CAD (or CAD to USD)?
We live next to the world’s largest economy and so it is no surprise that a majority of Canadians find themselves in the position of having to convert USD to CAD on a regular basis. What is the best way to do it? Here are some things to look out for:
- Get the best exchange rate. Exchange rates change over time so ask your bank what rate it offers at any given point of time and compare it at the same time to another service provider. Don’t get caught up in unnecessary complexities. At the end of the day it is about getting the most for your money. Ask “how much will I get in exchange for $XXXX dollars?”
- Look for a service provider that is transparent with their exchange rates. Avoid companies and websites that provide only “indicative rates” or “spot rates” or “inter-bank” rates on their websites. If they are not upfront about their exchange rates immediately, they are likely not trustworthy. Ask “is this the exchange rate that I would get if I were to book now”?
- Look for reputable service provider. Find an fx service provider that is regulated but also one that has physical locations you can visit and one that has been in business for a long time. If your service provider is hiding behind a website or is based outside of Canada or doesn’t have a long history of providing the service, you might want to think twice.
- Ask whether you can convert online and on the phone and in person. Exchange rates are moving all the time. You might be in Germany and it is 10 pm and you want to make a conversion. Can you do it? If the service provider does not allow you to book online as well as on the phone then you might want to look elsewhere.
What is the Interchange Financial exchange rate guarantee?
We are confident that our exchange rates for USD to CAD are the best anywhere in Canada. In fact, we are so confident about it that we guarantee it. If you find a better exchange rate (we don’t think you will!) for a comparable service, bring to our attention and we will do better for you.
How do I convert USD to CAD with Interchange Financial?
If this is your first time using our USD to CAD service, you can use the calculator on our home page to see our live rates and see exactly how much you will receive. If you like our exchange rates, you can sign up for a free account with just a few clicks. Click on Get Started to start the process. You can also sign up calling or visiting us to receive more information about our company or to sign up with one of our representatives.
Once you are signed up, you can log in and convert USD to CAD and save over bank exchange rates. You will know when you are booking exactly how much you will pay and how much you will receive in the other currency. You will also receive a confirmation email telling you exactly how much you are paying and how much you are receiving. There are no fees or commitments associated with signing up or booking. What you see is exactly how much you will receive. When confirmed the exchange is reflected in your own accounts three business days later. You can also begin the process by calling us or visiting us at one of our locations.
Is Interchange Financials’ USD to CAD service appropriate for me?
In our experience, ICS is beneficial for clients who hold accounts in US and Canadian dollars and move funds from one account to another.
How do I register for Interchange Financial for USD to CAD conversion service?
You can open an account with a few clicks online or by calling us, emailing us, or visiting one of our locations.
Does it cost anything to sign up with Interchange Financial?
There are no costs or obligations involved in signing up for USD to CAD exchanges with Interchange Financial. Once you register you may decide to use the service, or not, as you deem fit.
Are there any fees involved with converting USD to CAD with Interchange Financial?
No. There are no fees of any kind involved with USD to CAD conversion. The exchange rate and amounts you see are exactly what you will receive. We have also designed our service such that there are no fees charged by the sender or recipient banks either.
Am I eligible for USD to CAD conversions at Interchange Financial?
The USD to CAD service is available only to Canadian residents or corporations who hold CAD and USD accounts at a reputable bank or credit union. The amount converted must be no less than $1,000 CAD and no more than $10,000,000 CAD. Please contact us to confirm eligibility and appropriateness of this service for your needs.
How long do USD to CAD conversions take with Interchange Financial?
Once you book a USD to CAD exchange with Interchange Financial, you know exactly how much you are paying and how much you will receive. It does not matter where the exchange rate goes after that time. Your transaction is automatically processed through the Canadian payment network and is reflected in your bank accounts in three or four days.
Get in Touch
Get our latest exchange rate quotes from anywhere in Canada.